Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 days to IMAZ

Ouch, Ouch, my left ear started to hurt really bad yesterday. Almost by the hour it had gotten progressively worse. That's all I needed, a painful ear infection only a week before the big race. I know this will not get better without treatment, only much worse. Rummaging through my bathroom luckily I found some ear drops from about a year ago. A quick check on the label, not expired yet. After a treatment last night they already seem to be working. I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. Still, Ouch though.

This morning the temperature dropped about 20 degrees here in New York. It is cold and windy. With my messed up ear this is definitely no time to head out on the bike. So, the gym it was instead. 40 minutes in a spin class followed by 25 minutes on the treadmill. I was not really planning on such a little brick workout, but I feel good. Just wanted to do a fairly light workout but still get a bit of intensity in there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey good luck Mike! Hopefully the winds will stay calm as they are today. Yesterday was just like IMAZ 05 & 07 with +35 mph winds! The water temp is perfect at 70 degrees. Take care. Mike Kichler (bib number 1281; 40-44)