Sunday, March 2, 2008

A week of travel and travel back in time


This whole week I have mostly been on the road. First short dashes to Tampa and Houston, then a day at home in New York, and later in the week off to Los Angeles for two days. While New York was in a deep freeze with temperatures on the 20's, those other places were obviously quite a bit warmer; my system did not take those temperature changes without some stress. So, I downed some airborne and tried to stay halfway fit.

With that schedule I did not stress much about training, but was able to fit in some low key workouts late in the week. Yesterday, on a foggy day in Southern California, I just loved running 5 miles along the strand in Hermosa Beach/Manhattan Beach, our former home. Especially those two miles in the sand, only feet from the braking surf, were just amaing as always. And today, before getting ready to fly back, I went back in time and swam a good half hour at the 24hour fitness outdoor pool in West Hollywood. The same pool that I practically learned how to swim during my early morning workouts before heading to work after spending the night at Roy's place in Hollywood.

No comments: