Saturday, March 29, 2008

A bit unfocused, often cold and still a bit too heavy!

I've kinda been all over the place the last few weeks. Work is going well, but obviously has plenty of time" demands, the sale of our current home and purchase of our new place has been on top of my mind a lot, and our little one recently turned two and is just a blast to spend lots of time with. Though I try to ramp up my training just a bit now, I am still very much in a cross-training, "let's not yet get too serious" mood.

Looking at a graph of my last three months of training, it is a nice, almost even split between running, swimming and cross-training (strength and pilates mainly) at a low level of less than four hours a week on average. It continues to be rather cold so far here in New York, thus my bike continues to rest comfortably in the basement (yeah, I am a wimp when it comes to riding in the cold). Both training volume and intensity certainly seem fairly low, but overall I feel good coming out of the winter. I am still carrying about 10lbs too much of body weight, typical and, while annoying, not too much of a concern for me.

With just over two months left until my first Olympic distance race this season, it is time now to warm up and thus ramp up the volume and intensity a bit.

No comments: