Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Full Workout Week and A Big Toothache

Last week was a week of firsts. My first 10+ hours training week and my first root canal. Let's begin with the training. No swimming last week, but instead I figured it is high time to start increasing my running and bike mileage. So I actually managed to go out four times on a run, logging 27 miles and to ride twice, for a total of 67 miles. Add to that a couple of short strength workouts and I finally achieved my first solid 10+ hour training week. For work reasons I have to dial it back quite a bit this week and next, practically a forced taper before the New York Triathlon in July 20, my second and last Olympic distance race for the season.


Oh, and now for the fun part. Pretty bad tooth pain had bugged me for a couple of weeks now. And it had gotten worse. My very first root canal was the answer. While the procedure itself was far less painful than I had feared, the weekend did include some pretty rough moments of discomfort and pain before things finally settled down. Just a minor health issue, but sure something that can slow you down.

No comments: