Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chicago Lakefront Running

Early last week I had to jet off to Chicago for a few business meetings. Of course I packed my running shoes and hoped for good weather (meaning not too hot and humid) and some spare time to enjoy a few miles along the wonderful running track along the Chicago Lake front.
I cannot think of many urban running tracks I had the pleasure to run that compares. And I got lucky. Not only did I find the time for a late afternoon 1 hour + run on my first day from my hotel near the Loop going north towards North Beach, but then had the pleasure of another hour long run the following morning going the other direction, past Soldiers Field being joined by the Austrian Consul General, not only a pleasant running companion, but also an accomplished sub 3 hour marathon runner.

No comments: