Thursday, June 5, 2008

Almost Ready for Keuka Lake


Not sure if its excitement or, more likely, nervous anticipation, but I do almost feel ready for this season's first race, the Keuka Lake Intermediate Distance Triathlon this Sunday. Not that I have trained all that much really, but this will be my first multi-sport race in 256 days, meaning over 8 months. The Keuka Lake Triathlon this year is also be the Northeast Regional Championship, which means, I could theoretically qualify for the Age Group Nationals by finishing in the top 3rd of my age group. No idea how realistic this is, but based on last season's race results, this seems entirely possible.


So, two more days and I will find out. Am I still training too little, am I up to the task, is my bike a bit faster now with the new wheels (I doubt its me being faster here), is swimming for the first time in a full sleeve wetsuit comfy, yada yada yada?

Oh, before I forget, Keuka Lake is a 300 mile drive from New York City, in the Finger Lakes Region of the state.

No comments: