Saturday, January 17, 2009

The No Goal New Year?

Ok, it is now more than half a month into the New Year. Still I have absolutely no triathlon related performance goal for 2009. Should I be worried? Panicked? OMG, I haven't even signed up for a single race! Why do I feel so relaxed though?
Here is what I have done in the last few weeks:
I have gained about 8 pounds over the holidays
I have enjoyed spending more time with my family (still am)
I have gone to lots of kids playdates and birthday parties instead of running in the freezing cold
I have begun to see the inside of my gym a bit more, having some fun while at it
I have started to look at potential races for 09 that are closeby and fun for the whole family
I have decided that 2009 will be a year where triathlon ranks far beyond family and work
I have promised myself to have more fun while at it
I have not looked at my bike in six weeks
I am fine with all of it.

Happy New Year!

No comments: