Saturday, October 18, 2008

Travel, A few Boo Boos and a broken Spoke

With only five weeks to go until Ironman Arizona, this is supposed to be the time to rev it up one last time. But not quite. Frequent, but short business trips keep me a bit off balance regarding my workout schedule. But more importantly, I have had a nagging skin infection on my inner thigh that has really slowed me down last week. I am also a bit hampered by tight hamstrings and on top of it, I broke a spoke on an early morning ride on Friday, keeping me bike less for the planned Saturday long ride. On the plus side, I had a great swim workout Friday night with a solid 4000 yards of hard intervals and an 18 mile long run in Prospect Park on Saturday morning. I am now giving myself two more weeks of solid training before starting my taper.

No comments: